Friday, February 1, 2013

Penguin Hats


This hat is adorable and super-easy. I love this designer’s patterns!

My son claimed this one before I was even finished, so I had to make another one for charity.

At first I thought my gauge was off because this one came out a little bit longer than I was expecting. After looking at it more closely, I think the problem is that I mistook the back for the front when I added the facial details. Oh well, he still loves it!


I made a second one for charity. This one is done in Hobby Lobby's I Love This! yarn and will most likely be going to a children's cancer ward for kids who lose their hair to chemo. I figured they would appreciate these cute hats even more than most kids.

You can find the pattern for free on Ravelry: Crochet Penguin Hat by Sarah Zimmerman.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a great idea - giving them to kids with cancer! I'm sure they'll enjoy the fun characters you've created!

 
;