Monday, May 2, 2011

Homemade Gift: A Quilt for My Beautiful Daughter



Remember the quilt I was working on before my last "quilt with me" project? Well, I finished it. I love it as much as I had hoped I would! In fact, I love it so much that it's going on my daughter's bed. A beautiful little girl like her deserves my favorite girly quilt so far.



Here's a closer look at the border and the red gingham that I used for the binding.



I spread it out on our loveseat to get a picture of it as a whole, but you can see someone got to it first - my son and his cars! (Or was it my daughter? Who knows. They were playing so well together that I didn't ask.)



Here it is on her bed. Since her bed is pushed up against the wall, it's hard to get a picture of it on the bed.



And here it is from the side. I had to rotate my picture a little so I wouldn't give anyone vertigo, so that's why there's some odd white space in the photo.

I have enough squares and sashing leftover to make a baby quilt or throw, but I'm wondering if someone would like a baby quilt kit in my Etsy shop. I'll think on that one. (Feel free to let me know if you're interested.)

I'm linking to Fiber Arts Monday, Whatever Goes Wednesday , Upcycled Awesome and









 http://www.thethriftyhome.com

7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

How very pretty! You do such a great job on your quilts - AND I STILL can't figure out how you turn them out so quickly!

the gathering girls said...

It's a wonderful quilt....love the all the pink!!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful...I am still unclear on the "quilt as you go" method, but you seem to do it beautifully. Thanks for sharing.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

It is really pretty! I'd love to be able to make quilts for my kiddos. I have made ONE, and it's SO far from perfect! It was actually from vintage sheets.

Visiting from Someday Crafts!

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

Hi Sophia :-)
I spotted your quilt and followed your link over from Michelles's Someday Crafts - Whatever goes Wednesday's.
To me, quilts are absolutely wonderful works of both art and love!
I am currently trying to decide which of my picked out patterns I am going to make for our soon to be born grand son. Here is the link to the one I made for our grand daughter. http://thebzhousethatlovebuilt.blogspot.com/2010/06/green-quilt.html

I got a great chuckle out of the comment you made referring to vertigo. I have vertigo. And have had since Jan 12th 2010. turns out there are three types of vertigo, and I had/have all three. 8-/

I really like your quilt! Good job on it!

Lyssa Beth said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors you picked!! What a lucky girl!
Thanks for linking up to thrifty thursdays!

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

Love it!

 
;