Friday, May 20, 2011

April-May Sketch and Color Challenge



Supplies: stamps (Fiskars); paper (ATD, unknown); ink (BIC Mark-Its, black StazOn); MS edge punch; Nestabilities Labels 1; ribbon; green rhinestones; pink pearl dimensional paint; dimensionals.

My friend and I have been doing a monthly sketch challenge, and this month we had planned to throw in a color challenge, too. Well, life got pretty busy and we delayed it a month ... and then decided it just wasn't going to work for us at this point.

But I had managed to get my cards done early, so I thought I'd go ahead and share them with you. I'm sorry, but I can't recall which sketch this is based on (although I'm pretty sure it's one from Splitcoaststampers). However, they are all based on the same sketch.

The color challenge was to use just pink, green and brown. I think we were allowed to add a touch of white, too. I just so happened to have the perfect papers in my stash, as you can tell.



Supplies: stamps (Fiskars); paper (ATD, unknown); ink (BIC Mark-Its, black StazOn); MS edge punch; Nestabilities Labels 1; ribbon; green rhinestones; dimensionals.

This is just slightly different than the first card. I changed a few things I didn't like (the dimensional pearls at the scallops, for one). This is the first time I got to use this stamp set, and I really like it.



Supplies: stamps (Studio G, Recollections); paper (Making Memories, ATD, unknown); ink (SU Chocolate Chip); MS doily lace edge punch; Nestabilities Scallop Circles; pink half-pearls; dimensionals.

While I was at it, I pulled out this purse stamp I had just picked up from the Michaels $1 bin. I really like this one, too!



Supplies: stamps (Studio G, Recollections); paper (Making Memories, ATD, unknown); ink (SU Chocolate Chip); MS doily lace edge punch; Nestabilities Scallop Circles; dimensionals.

And here it is with just a change in dominant colors.



Supplies: stamps (Studio G); paper (ATD, Making Memories, unknown); ink (SU Chocolate Chip); circle punch; button.

Since I've been mailing out some apron gifts, I decided to try my hand at a freehand apron. I started with a rectangle and used my circle punch to cut out the arm holes. It looks okay, but I'm not sure about the overall look of the card. Good thing the people I send these to aren't card critics! :)



Supplies: stamps (Studio G); paper (Making Memories, ATD, unknown); ink (SU Chocolate Chip); small pink rhinestones.

I like this one a lot better.

I'll be using these cards as enclosures for my gifts to fellow pastor's wives. I plan to use the apron cards for apron gifts, the purse cards for purse/tote bag gifts, and the coffee cards for everything else.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love the little coffee cup stamp -- the first card is my favorite. BTW -- the apron turned out cute too!

 
;