Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chocolate and Pink Polka 'n Plaids Rag Quilt Purse



I'll be honest: I've never been a huge fan of brown, so I've always been reluctant to pair pink with it. But when I saw these cotton flannels, I fell in love! You can find this purse in my Etsy shop, too.



Isn't it so fun that we get to pair things like polka dots and plaids on purses when we would never, ever wear them together as an outfit? ;) Have you ever wondered what the difference is? Just something I thought about as I designed a few of these purses ...

Have you noticed the somewhat-shaped edges of the fabrics on these last few purses? I got to wondering if pinking shears would give the same effect as the scalloped square Sizzix die that I can't seem to find anywhere. So I tried it, and it works! You do have to remember to clip the seams, though, since that's what really makes it rag.

To get technical, you probably don't even need shaped edges and it probably won't be noticeable once the bag is washed several times, but it's a neat effect in the meantime. :)

If you'd like this purse, it's available on Etsy for $15 plus $4.95 Priority Mail shipping, but for today ONLY I'm offering free shipping on this purse only.

And as always, I'm happy to ship directly to the recipient (with a personalized note) to save you extra shipping.

0 comments:

 
;