Friday, December 17, 2010

Homemade Christmas #2: Updated Aprons

Do you remember the red gingham aprons I made from a queen-size bed sheet? I was going to add decorative panels to the bibs before I called them complete. Well, I have two of them all done now, so I thought I'd show them to you.



This first one is going to my mother-in-law for Christmas.



I think the decorative panels add the perfect finishing touch. I liked them before, but I love them now that I've added the panels.



This one is going to my sister-in-law, who has a birthday a few days after the new year. She loves to cook, so I hope she likes her apron. This panel says, "The rooster may crow, but the hen delivers the goods." :)

These aprons cost me less than $1 each to make them, so they're a great gift idea for someone whose finances are tight.

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

The decorative panel makes the apron! So pretty --- those panels go perfectly!

Ginny said...

Your energy and creativity amaze me, as does your thriftiness. I liked your aprons before, but the additional fabric panel makes them pop. What great gifts!

 
;