Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Challenge You Wednesday: Shaped Cards

This challenge has been a few weeks in the making, thanks to my friend's revival and our vacation, but it was a good one - shaped cards. I always admire shaped cards, but I rarely think to make them.

As soon as she told me the challenge, I started thinking about what I would make. This is the first idea that came to me:



Supplies: paper (GP); ink (BIC Mark-Its); Martha Stewart daisy chipboard coaster; iridescent Stickles; Nestabilities Scallop Circle Large.

This card base uses the largest of the Nestabilities Scallop Circles Large. It comes out around 4" all around.

I've had these chipboard daisy coasters for over a year now. I really love them, but they're pretty big so they don't fit a lot of the projects I make. However, this was the perfect way to show one off. I simply outlined the petal details with my Ultra Fine Yellow Blaze BIC Mark-It and added iridescent Stickles to the center.



To jazz up the inside a little bit, I added a smaller scallop circle in a coordinating yellow. I haven't stamped a sentiment yet, simply because this could be used for a get well, thinking of you, or birthday card. I'll stamp the sentiment when I know what I need it for.



Supplies: paper (ATG print, GP cardstock); Nestabilities Scallop Circle Large; silk flowers.

This one is similar, and I only thought of it because I have the daisy coasters stored with my large silk flowers that I've taken apart for cards.

Again, these large daisies are so large that they don't always work for a lot of my projects. This, however, is a perfect way to showcase those lovely large daisies. I've used components from two different silk flowers on this one - a yellow and a pink.

I added the background print so that the card base didn't look so stark, and I like the fun feel the polka dots give to it.



This one is plain on the inside, but here you can see the shape of the card base. Again, I'll be adding a sentiment when I use the card.

That's all for me this week. Now you can go see what my friend came up with. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a great use for those daisy chipboard pieces! Love how you outlined it in yellow -- really adds. Looks like spring on your blog today!

 
;