Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Organizing a bathroom closet

If you remember, I promised awhile ago that I would post pictures of my reorganized bathroom closet once I got enough drawer organizers. Well, I found a bunch at Save A Lot a week or so ago, and I got to finish! So here it is ...



I created separate baskets for different themes - hand soaps, bar soaps, body washes, toothpastes, toothbrushes, flushable wipes, hair care, lip care, wound care ... You get the idea. I just piled everything into logical groups and looked to see if those groups would fit into a drawer organizer. If not, I divided them further.

I also made use of a basket to store smallish lightbulbs and an old plastic "canister" to store cotton balls.

Some things don't need organizers because they're already square and stack easily - like feminine care products or tissues (which are on the floor). Toilet paper rolls stack nicely, too, and they're also on the floor. You can stack them just about as high as you'd like!

My husband thinks I'm strange when I open this closet door just to enjoy the organization. I guess he doesn't understand how much I enjoy being in control of something in a house with two preschoolers! :)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I know just what you mean about getting pleasure from seeing things so organized. I do the same thing.

You did a great job on your organizing and your smart shopping to have so much to organize.

jemilyea said...

I love organization pictures! Your closet looks great. You have plenty to stand and gloat about. Enjoy it! Don't you like the feeling of being prepared for anything? I suppose that's a form of wanting to feel in control.

 
;