Friday, May 23, 2008

John Deere fleece blanket

If you remember, I posted earlier about my Wal-Mart clearancing their fabric section. I'm not happy they're getting rid of it, but I've certainly benefitted from the sale!

Once I heard that they would be clearancing fabric, I told my son we would get him the long-awaited John Deere fleece for a throw once the fabric got to 50% off.

Well, that happened last week. I got two yards of fleece and made a "throw" big enough to fit his bed. I figure this way it will still be a nice-sized throw when he's 13 years old and 6 feet tall! In the meantime, this could be a summertime replacement for his comforter. As you can see, he was delighted!

Fleece is so easy to work with because it doesn't ravel. I sewed the edges to the back just for looks' sake, but you could easily do one of those double-sided edge-tied versions, too, and eliminate the sewing altogether. I decided against that for this throw because the design of the fabric is too busy for that style.

0 comments:

 
;