Tuesday, May 20, 2008

And God provides again!

Last week we got a love offering from our church, just in time to buy the white shirts my husband needed for this week's revival meeting. He wears white shirts at least 4 times on a regular week (6 times during revival week), and we only had 2 really good ones for him.

They discontinued the Towncraft shirts that he liked, and we've tried nearly every white shirt on the market. Most of them aren't durable enough. He likes them just so, and I can't blame him. It was within the last year that we finally found a good replacement - the Stafford Super Shirt. The only trouble is that this shirt costs $34 regular price ... and I think we paid in the $20s for the two we got him last year.

So I went to JCPenney expecting to pay $136 for 4 dress shirts.

When we walked into the store, I saw they had a sale on John Deere shirts - buy one, get one for $0.99. I promised my son we'd check what they had in his size since he's just about outgrown his first John Deere shirt.

Then we went to the dress shirts. When I saw a sale tag hanging in front of them, I got really excited. We were going to save some money! And when I got closer and saw that it was the same deal - buy one, get one for $0.99 - I almost cried! Not only that, but my husband needed four shirts. I checked his size, and there were exactly four left. God takes such good care of us!!

So we happily tripped over to the boys' section where we picked up two John Deere shirts for my son - one in each of the next two sizes, so he will have a John Deere shirt to wear for the next few years. I figured we saved so much money on the dress shirts I could afford to splurge on something that might as well have his name on it since it was so perfect for him (one of them had a picture of a John Deere tractor and it said, "My Best Friend")!

Our cost at checkout was $93.24, a total savings of $42.76 over what I was expecting to pay. And to think I even got two shirts for my son out of the deal!!

Isn't God good?!

1 comments:

Rhonda said...

I got some great deals on shirts for myself and hubby this week at JCP too.

Glad your hubby got the dress shirts he needed.

 
;