Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

I was unable to finish this in time to mail it for Mother's Day, so I told my mom I'd post it here so she could see her Mother's Day gift on time, even if she won't have it in hand for a few more days.

I got this clock for an outstanding price and knew I wanted to customize it for my mom for Mother's Day. You won't find a woman more devoted to her family than my mother, and I knew this would be one of the best gifts I could possibly give her! There are two empty spots because I didn't have proper pictures, but my brother and sister will be responsible to fill those since I am lacking pictures of them! :)

This worked perfectly for our family since there are exactly twelve children and grandchildren (total). I'm still not sure if I'm done decorating it. That white space in the middle is just begging to be embellished, so I might pull the back off on Monday and see what I can do to it. (I'll try to remember to post pictures if I end up doing anything.)

And here is the card, made with my new Martha Stewart lace punch (purchased with the 50% Michaels coupon this week) and Primas (purchased with the 40% Michaels coupon this week).

I based it on this card design and used silver metallic paper, "treasure/cherish/adore" paper and roses paper. The circle embellishment is from my collection of $1 clear acrylic stamps (Studio G from Michaels).

Happy Mother's Day to the most wonderful mother in the world!

[By the way - the clock is much larger than it looks in the picture. Each picture slot holds a wallet-size picture (the kind you get with school pictures), if that gives you proportion ideas.]

1 comments:

Mother said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift! Thank you so much honey. The card is also lovely. I will cherish them.

 
;