Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm Back! Pictures are here ...

This first set of pictures was taken last weekend when our fellow pastor friend and his daughter came for a weekend away. We took them to Assateague where we got to see the wild ponies and the beach. It was a pretty cold day to be on the beach, but they enjoyed it nonetheless.

So here are a few pictures I took of the ponies, since I haven't been back to Assateague since I got a good zoom lens ...


This friendly horse would have come right into the van, if we had let her! I saw her coming and quickly shut the side door to the van, where we were eating our homemade subs. Sure enough, she managed to poke her nose through the window we hadn't been able to get up in time! She stayed at our van window for several minutes. Fortunately for us, she didn't try any of her biting tricks. And we got some fun pictures for our friends to take with them! (A note of caution: We never feed or touch the horses and never encourage them to come close to us. They are wild animals and capable of hurting people.)

Sorry about having to "white out" the faces in this photo. I don't have any software (that I know of) that has the blurring feature for faces. But I really wanted to share this photo I took for them on the beach. I wanted to make it like a personalized postcard.

And here is a favorite photo from one of our walks in the marshes ...


All in all, I was very pleased with the photo ops from this trip!

2 comments:

jemilyea said...

Lovely photos! Missed your posts while you were gone; glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Meredith said...

Beautiful!

I've always wanted to go there.

 
;