Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finally - some inspiration!

I decided to browse through my new book tonight, and it got me excited to scrapbook again. So I looked through my pictures to be scrapped and picked a set that I was excited about. (I'm glad I'm into top-loading now instead of strap-hinge so that I can work out of chronological order!)

Since there were two pictures in this "set," I browsed my latest issue of Scrapbooks Etc. and found a layout I liked that used two pictures. I found one and set out to make it my own. I followed the basics of the layout. The major changes I made were to make it less busy. And wouldn't you know, I even got to use one of my new clear stamps!


This second page came together rather quickly. I'm quite pleased that I didn't have to search for a page layout to copy, so it took less time.
I did have a little problem with this layout, though. I only had a 6x12" scrap of the perfect shade of blue. I solved that problem by mounting it all onto a 12x12" white sheet. As a result, I was able to punch the stars out of the blue paper and let the white background shine through, instead of having to adhere all those little stars for the border.
It's simple, but I like it.

1 comments:

jemilyea said...

Glad to see you're scrapbooking again! Both pages are great. I like grandson talking with grandma in the left picture, and the progression of ages of firetrucks.

I haven't SB for several months.

 
;