Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gift for a teenaged girl


I made this for a girl in my Sunday school class who is turning 17 next week. She loves horses, owns several of them and races them in competitions. Unfortunately I couldn't find any paper with girls riding the horses, but I know she'll like this just as well!

The tin came from the Target $1 spot, paper from Michaels (K&Co brand?), Glade candle a freebie from Walgreens, notecards from Michaels clearance ($0.20/pack) and the altered journal was also on clearance at Michaels for $0.50. Total cost for this gift was $1.70.

To alter the journal, I simply decoupaged different paper to the front and back, paying careful attention to what designs were ending up in the center of the journal.

I'm doing a similar set for another of my Sunday school "girls" who turned 16 last week. The only changes I'm making are to personalize the theme.

At this price, you can't beat it!

0 comments:

 
;