Friday, April 25, 2008

Gift for my niece

I have a niece who is turning 7 next month. She loves Strawberry Shortcake, and I'm hoping to encourage her to take an interest in her hair (and grow it long). She has the most beautiful auburn hair I've ever seen.

I got this idea from this post. If you get the chance, check out her entire blog. She's my kind of crafter, and she is good!!



I didn't have any Strawberry Shortcake paper, but I was able to cut around the cardboard that these items came in to make the decoration for the top of the Altoid tin. I adhered them with Glue Dots. Since they're heavy cardboard, it has the advantage of giving them a dimensional effect. The sentiment is from my collection of $1 clear stamps (Studio G - from Michaels). I stamped it with StazOn since it has a glossy finish.

Inside I placed a set of 4 Strawberry Shortcake mini gel pens that fit perfectly in the bottom of this tin (they're not in the picture). Then I cut a matching piece of cardstock and put in the top layer - one package of barrettes (the 2 sets on the left) and two packages of snap-type barrettes (the 3 sets on the right).
I have a $5 budget for each niece and nephew's birthday (we have LOTS of nieces and nephews, thanks to my husband's large family). I thought this was a cute way to stretch $4, especially since I thought of her as soon as I saw the products.

0 comments:

 
;