Saturday, April 6, 2019

How to Use An Entire Paper Pad Series: Part 7 Tags

We've reached the end of the series on using up an entire paper pad. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have. It's enabled me to look at my paper stash in a new light - as a "tool" to be used and enjoyed ... and then passed along in a form that others can enjoy, too.

Today I'm showing you what I made with the last few bits of leftovers - tags:


The very first thing I did was to cut down my larger scraps into a tag size that I liked - roughly 2-1/4 x 3-1/2". If it varied a little bit, that was fine. That happens sometimes when you're working with scraps.



After I cut all the tag bases that I could, I started playing with the smallest scraps that were left, positioning them this way and that until I liked what I saw.


I had several border strips left that I was able to cut apart to make focal point images for these tags - the Eiffel towers and ladies came from that type of strip.

I also added in some pink rhinestones to accent, although they obviously didn't come with the paper pad. I'll be adding in string for the tags when I go to use them, since I've found that I need varying lengths of string, depending on what I'm attaching them to.

I still have some very small scraps left, but I'm not pushing myself to use up every little bit if it doesn't look good to do so. I'm not quite that fanatical! :)

Want to see the rest of the series? Check them out at these links:

Part 1 - Introduction
Part 2 - Planning
Part 3 - Composition Notebook Journals
Part 4 - Traveler's Notebooks
Part 4 - Traveler's Notebook #2
Part 5A - Mini Album #1
Part 5B - Mini Album #2
Part 6 - Cards

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Kind of fun following along as you used up an entire paper pack. Now you can combine it all in a matching gift for someone!

 
;