Monday, April 1, 2019

How to Use An Entire Paper Pad Series: Part 6 Cards


We're winding down the series on using up an entire paper pad. I have one more post to go in the series. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.

I used to enjoy hoarding my paper, but I've found that, at least in this season of my life, I enjoy working with and using up the beautiful paper I've bought. I think at least part of it is the reward of seeing that beautiful paper made into a project that someone else can enjoy, too. I think another part of it is giving myself permission to buy more paper once I've used up a whole pad ... not that I pass up a good deal if I have some paper pads on hand that haven't been used up!

Let's take a closer look at the cards I made with the leftovers.


I used some leftover border strips for the top cards, as well as leftover "background" papers.

The cut-aparts (on the bottom cards) were perfect for "girlfriend" cards. They didn't require much in the way of embellishing, so they were pretty straightforward.


I utilized some more border strips and leftover strips in these cards. I've left a spot for a sentiment on some of them so that I can add an appropriate sentiment when I need to use them. I like to have a few versatile cards like this on hand that can be appropriate for a wide variety of occasions, simply by adding a sentiment.


These last two cards used up some more strip-type scraps, as well as an Eiffel tower cut-apart. Once again, I left a blank space for a sentiment when I need to use them.

That's a total of 19 cards. Next up: tags with the scraps!

Want to see the rest of the series? Check them out at these links:


Part 1 - Introduction
Part 2 - Planning
Part 3 - Composition Notebook Journals
Part 4 - Traveler's Notebooks
Part 4 - Traveler's Notebook #2
Part 5A - Mini Album #1
Part 5B - Mini Album #2
Part 6 - Cards
Part 7 - Tags 

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Your card stash should be stocked for a while! Such a great way to use up your patterned paper.

I'm somewhat of a paper hoarder - because I don't want to use it up and then not have it when I need it to create the "perfect" background! (smile) However, I'm becoming more and more of a minimalist the older I get, so I try hard to weigh my purchases with "how much will I actually use this?" and not buy things just because they're "good deal." I've also given away quite a few stamps, dies, paper packs to friends just starting out in card making.

Christa said...

Yes, I'm well-stocked for awhile. :) I'm actually putting some cards in a local shop to see how they go. (Some of these may go there, but I haven't packaged up these particular cards for that purpose just yet.) Just like the last time I was into papercrafting, I enjoy making them a lot faster than I use them. I'm also considering some charities that need card donations.

 
;