Saturday, March 2, 2019

How to Use an Entire Paper Pad Series: Part 3 Composition Notebook Journals

Today I'm going to start showing you the projects I'm making with my 12x12" paper pad. I'm starting with composition notebook journals.

I was able to get four of them out of this paper pad, two of each design I'm going to show you. This will vary by paper pad. Some lend themselves well to notebooks, while others don't.


I chose one of the full-page papers for the front of this book. I had to cut it down, since the front of a composition notebook usually measures somewhere around 7x9-3/4", while the paper itself is 12x12". This required a little creativity, but I liked the end result.

Cutting off the side was no problem. It was the height that was a little trickier. I finally settled on piecing it back together in a shortened form and adding some paper lace over the seam to make it less obvious. The paper lace then became a design element, and I added some light pink rhinestones at each scallop.


I chose to wrap the back paper around to the front to cover the black spine.


This is the inside front cover and first tab, complete with a bookplate of sorts from the cut-apart elements in the paper pad. I backed each tab with a matching solid pink cardstock for stability.


This is the second divider ...


... and the third divider ...


... and the fourth divider. I used the same basic pattern for all of them.


Lastly, here's the inside of the back cover. I used the remaining part of the paper I used on the front, so I had to piece it for length. I used the same technique - paper lace - to hide the seam. I decided not to add the rhinestones inside, though, since it would create marks on the facing pages.

And now for the second notebook:


A little creative cutting allowed me to use the main elements of this full-page paper.

 Once again, I wrapped the paper from the back around to the front to cover the black spine.


Here's the inside front cover (and first divider) with another bookplate made from cut-aparts from the paper pad. I backed each divider page with plain white cardstock.


Here's the second divider ...


... and the third ...


... and the last divider. I used a few cut-aparts to cover up parts of the paper that I didn't care for.


Once again, I used the rest of the paper from the front cover on the inside back cover.

And there you have it: four composition notebook journals (two of each design) from this paper pad.

Stay tuned for the next installment. We have a lot of paper to use yet!

Want to see the rest of the series? Check them out at these links:


Part 1 - Introduction
Part 2 - Planning
Part 3 - Composition Notebook Journals
Part 4 - Traveler's Notebooks
Part 4 - Traveler's Notebook #2
Part 5A - Mini Album #1
Part 5B - Mini Album #2
Part 6 - Cards
Part 7 - Tags 

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Both books are very pretty....love how you created decorative divider pages!

 
;