Saturday, April 13, 2019

Cards from Dollar Tree Stickers

It may or may not be obvious from my blog, but I love finding good deals at Dollar Tree. I've shopped there long enough to know that not everything in the store is a good deal, but they do have some amazing deals.

Lately, they've been outdoing themselves with their sticker selection. I've tried to be very selective with my purchases, and I still came home with ten sticker sheets last week because they were so perfect.

I'm not talking about cutesy stickers that look like they came out of a child's sticker collection. These are elegant stickers that look like they could have come from one of the big names in papercrafting (but for a whole lot more money).

The cards I'm going to share with you today were made from one of the sticker sheets I bought last week.


Both of these sticker sheets came from Dollar Tree. The sheet on the right is my most recent purchase. I had to have it as soon as I saw the bicycle.

I've had the mason jar stickers on the left for about a year. I only ever saw one sheet at my local stores, but I would have happily purchased a few sheets. They're very thick, rigid, almost-plastic-feeling stickers. I think they're made from something like epoxy.


Isn't the mason jar sticker absolutely perfect for the bouquet sticker from the second sheet?! And since the mason jar stickers are clear, they look that much more realistic. This is a simply-designed card, but I love it!


After my success with the first bouquet sticker, I decided to use another mason jar with the second bouquet sticker. Again, this is a simple card, but I love how it turned out.


And there's that bicycle that I just had to have. Just looking at this card makes me happy. I think the bright yellow has something to do with that. Not only is it a cheery color, it's becoming my favorite color.


This is the last card I made with the sticker sheet. I used OWH Sketch #155 as a guide for this one. I designed and cut the sentiment banner on my Silhouette Cameo.

I still have two sentiments left from the sticker sheet. They just didn't work on any of these cards, but I'm hanging onto them for a future project. I'm considering making 3x3" mini cards with them.

I still have ten mason jar stickers left. Yay!!

I hope you've enjoyed these cards. As I searched online for ideas to use these beautiful stickers I've been finding at Dollar Tree, I found a lot of "haul" videos when people purchased the stickers and drooled over them, but not many cards showcasing the stickers. Maybe I'll make a few more sets with different sticker sheets and share them here.

Have you collected any of the Dollar Tree stickers? I'd love to know if you've shared any cards that you've made with them, or even if you know of anyone else who has shared cards made with them.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love those clear mason jar stickers -- sooooo cool!
I've used Dollar Tree's foam stickers before -- especially the snowflake ones at Christmas time: https://www.shoregirlscreations.com/2018/12/a-cup-for-holidays.html

 
;