Saturday, March 9, 2019

How to Use An Entire Paper Pad Series: Part 4 Traveler's Notebooks

Today is the 4th part of a series about using up an entire paper pad. I've already explained my process, shown the results of my planning with a paper pad, and then shown you the composition notebook journals I made with the Parisian Lane paper pad.

Today I'm going to share a Traveler's Notebook that I made. I actually made a second one, but my week has been so busy with family emergencies that I wasn't able to photograph the second one. I plan to share that in a few days when I get the time to take pictures of it.


This is the cover of the one I gave to my niece recently for her 22nd birthday. It was the very first Traveler's Notebook I ever made, and I learned a lot in the process. It is a B6 size, which holds 5x7" inserts.

The first lesson I learned was that you do indeed need a laminator if you want to laminate the cover. An iron just doesn't cut it. You can't see it well in the pictures, but the lamination looks a bit "bubbly," even though it's all adhered as it should be.

Once I bought my laminator, the laminating was perfectly smooth - exactly as it should be.

A neat side note: The removable decorative flower tucked behind the elastic closure came from Dollar Tree as part of a spring hanging decoration. There were 36 cutouts in a pack (3 different designs). I just had to remove the tape that held them to the string. They are all double-sided, and I was thrilled to see how well they matched this paper.


This is the inside front cover and the top-loading pocket that I made from a page protector that I cut to size and sewed in the middle.


This is the inside of the top-loading pocket. There are two sides to the pocket, so it actually holds four pages.


This is the back of the top-loading pocket and the front cover of the first notebook. Also included in the picture is the flower clip marker that I made from tissue paper.


This is the back of the first notebook and the front of the second one. I used the same paper for both and just used a different decoration on the cover of each one. The idea was that she could write on the decoration piece what each notebook contained.


This is the back of the second notebook and the front of the pocket folder that I made.


This is the inside of the pocket folder. I like that there are a few places to store random bits of paper.

I also attached the pen and pen loop to the back of the folder.


The pen loop was made from a small section of a border cut-out from the paper pack and laminated with packing tape.


I decorated an RSVP pen to match.


Lastly, here is the "charm" that I created to hang onto the side of the planner. These are purely decorative, but they're fun to make and pretty to look at. I made the yarn tassel and crocheted the white heart.

Stay tuned in the next few days for another Traveler's Notebook from this paper pad.

Want to see the rest of the series? Check them out at these links:


Part 1 - Introduction
Part 2 - Planning
Part 3 - Composition Notebook Journals
Part 4 - Traveler's Notebooks
Part 4 - Traveler's Notebook #2
Part 5A - Mini Album #1
Part 5B - Mini Album #2
Part 6 - Cards
Part 7 - Tags 

0 comments:

 
;