Saturday, March 16, 2019

How to Use An Entire Paper Pad Series: Part 5A Mini Album #1

Today we're moving on to a different project in the "use up an entire paper pad" saga - mini albums! These can be pretty picture-heavy, so I'm just going to share the first one today and do another post with the second one in the next few days.


This paper pad had 6x6" cut-aparts, so it made sense to make a 6x6" album. Since this was one of my very first albums from scratch, I followed an online tutorial. Dawn's tutorial (found here) was very clear and didn't have a lot of flaps and gadgets to confuse me as a beginning album artist, so I chose to use hers for this project. After I assembled the basic album, I decided to go back and add a flap to each main page (and thus double the number of photos this will hold).

Let's take a look at the inside of the album:


Inside front cover and page one folded ... Most of the add-on elements you see on the pages are tuck spots for pictures.


Inside front cover and page one UNfolded ... The sentiment strip came from a border page that came with the paper pad.


Back of page one and page two folded ... I love these Eiffel tower cut-aparts!


Back of page one and page two UNfolded ...


Back of page two and page three folded ... I don't drink alcohol, so I covered up the champagne glass with the matted Eiffel tower decoration.


Back of page two and page three UNfolded ...


Back of page three and page four folded ...


Back of page three and page four UNfolded ...


Back of page four and inside back cover ...


Lastly, the back cover.

This was fun, and I learned a lot!

I ended up using four 12x12" sheets, four 6x6" cut-aparts and some cut-apart embellishments from the paper pad. I also used six sheets of 8-1/2x11" blue cardstock from my stash for the base of the pages and the spine. I could have used 12x12" cardstock for the base, but I mostly have 8-1/2x11" sheets of plain colored cardstock at the moment.

I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my process! I'll be back in a few days to share the second album I made from this paper pad. Believe it or not, the second one isn't Paris-themed at all.

Want to see the rest of the series? Check them out at these links:


Part 1 - Introduction
Part 2 - Planning
Part 3 - Composition Notebook Journals
Part 4 - Traveler's Notebooks
Part 4 - Traveler's Notebook #2
Part 5A - Mini Album #1
Part 5B - Mini Album #2
Part 6 - Cards
Part 7 - Tags 

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Perfect way to use those decorative papers -- they make great mini albums!

 
;