Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mother's Day cards

This is the first card I made on our cardmaking day, and I'm actually quite happy with it. Since I have my mother and mother-in-law both still with us, I needed to make two of these. They're identical because I thought they "fit" both of them very well. I also tried to make them as non-dimensional as possible since they will have to go through the mail.

I had bought a sheet of these postage-stamp-style collages a few years ago, cut them apart, and then had no idea what to do with them. Then, a few weeks ago, I came across an inchie design that I thought might serve as inspiration for using them. You can see the card that inspired me (from Moxie Fab World, the first featured card) here. It was a very loose interpretation, but it really helped me out!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful card, Christa, I love the black paper behind the inchies --- really makes the colors pop!
Great use of your little images!!

 
;