Friday, January 13, 2012

Bitty Twins Clothing: Wrap Skirts

You probably remember the reversible wrap skirts I made for 18" dolls awhile back. Well, I discovered that I didn't have to lengthen the pattern for this doll in order to get it below her knees, so I was pretty happy about that. I made her a denim skirt from some old jeans that were in the rag pile.


I also made her a floral wrap skirt from some fabric I had purchased when my 12-year-old niece was about 2 years old. I never got around to making her the dress I had in mind, so I decided to sew a bunch of these skirts with it instead.

I just found out that there's a local group that makes doll beds and doll blankets for needy children at Christmastime, and I'm going to see if they could use the rest of the skirts to dress the dolls that accompany those gifts. I have lots of old denim jeans that I could easily donate to the cause, too, so I'll probably be working on that through the year as I get time.

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Cute skirts!

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

Super cute! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2012/01/anything-goes-linky-party_12.html. Thanks for sharing!

Hydrangeas and Harmony said...

Those are so cute! My DD just got an 18" doll for Cmas so I can see my need to get sewing. That poor thing needs a wardrobe, ya know?

 
;