Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bitty Twins Clothing: Knitted Undies

Please excuse the fact that I'm posting my daughter's dolls in their underwear. Since they're not real kids, I didn't think anyone would mind. :)

As soon as I saw the pattern for these undies, I knew I had to knit them for these dolls. Of course, I couldn't add lacework to the boy's undies, so I did his in plain stockinette stitch. But ...
... The little girl got lacy ones.

You can probably tell that they're a little baggy in the waist. The original pattern was for the 18" American Girl dolls, whose bodies aren't as "cuddly" as the Twins' bodies. A fellow Raveler suggested that I weave some elastic into the waistbands, and I'm going to give it a try when I get brave enough.

Until then, my daughter doesn't seem to mind. They fit well enough to stay on, and that's all that she cares about. In fact, as soon as she unwrapped the dolls and the undies, she took off the blue training pants they came in and put these on them instead.

If you'd like to make some, you can find the free pattern on Ravelry here.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Those must be the best outfitted twins in the world! Great job!

 
;