Monday, January 9, 2012

Bitty Twins Clothing: Twirly Skirt

Remember these twirly skirts? Everyone seems to love them, and my daughter is no exception. I adapted this to the shorter doll by using 4" squares instead of the 5" squares the pattern calls for.

This was especially easy, since I cut my sheet/project scraps into squares. I had a huge stack of 4" squares, so I picked out yellows and blues for this skirt.

The shirt is from Simplicity #1952, and I love it so much more than any other shirt I've ever sewn for these type of dolls. Its raglan sleeves are super-easy to work with.

I got about 8 yards of this white knit material at the thrift store, so I have lots and lots and lots. I'm pretty sure most of the girls I know that like dolls will be getting at least one of these shirts this year as part of a gift.

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Another beautiful sewing project for the dolls! You do a great job on these -- maybe you should start a doll clothes shop!

Christa said...

I have added a few doll clothes to the shop now and then, and I may do it again. There are so many doll clothes for sale out there, though, that it's pretty easy to get lost in the shuffle. :)

I'm glad you like them!

 
;