Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bitty Twins Clothing: Yellow Fleece PJ's

Obviously these twins need some nightclothes, right? :) I made both of their pajamas from a remnant of yellow fleece I picked up at some point. I think it was 1/3 yard, but I can't remember for sure. At any rate, it was just enough. I didn't have a scrap left!

These were made with the same pattern as the camo pj's, Simplicity #1952. I love this pattern! The only thing I would recommend is that you cut the neckband (the facing) twice as long as it shows, since the only fabric I've ever worked with that stretches that much is a knit.

If you have this pattern, or if you've seen it, you know that there is no nightgown pattern. For fleece, I didn't want anything with gathers anyway, so I simply lengthened the shirt pattern to the length I wanted it. Now they have matching jammies.

Both of these have back Velcro closures, which I highly recommend for children. Buttons can get fiddly, and zippers can pinch fingers (and dolls' fabric bodies).

I hope you're enjoying my Bitty Twins fashion show because there's lots more to come! :)

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

You do a great job with sewing doll clothes! I'm not sure I have the patience you do when it come to that -- but then again I've never tried!

Christa said...

I don't have a lot of patience for tiny, fiddly pieces that only require 2-3 stitches and barely fit under my needle, but these are fine. :)

Gail said...

I love popping by your blog ,you make lovely things from bits n pieces and they all look fab .I wish I was so handy at this sewing lark.

Hope you have enjoyed your break.
hugs

 
;