Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Vintage Sheets Quilt #5



No, I didn't just finish this one in a day. :) I've actually had it finished for a week or so now, but I'm just now featuring it. This is Cousin Camp week, so I'm showing you my backlog of finished projects. (Next week I'll probably tell you all about Cousin Camp.)



The more I work with vintage linens, the more I like them. I'm getting addicted to combining prints and patterns!



I also discovered that I can get about eight 8" squares from one pillowcase. That's good to know because sometimes I only have prints in pillowcase form, and I'm always hesitant to include them in a quilt. No longer! This yellow gingham, the pinstripes, and the stripe/floral print were all pillowcases, and I only used one pillowcase of each of them.

I love taking pictures of these quilts! (Can you tell?)


Lastly, here's a closeup of my scrappy binding. I took two of the prints I used in the quilt and made binding from the scraps.

I hope you enjoy seeing these quilts as much as I enjoy sharing them. Every time I make a new one I think, "Wow! That looks totally different!" :)

Enjoy!http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

I'm linking to Fiber Arts Monday and




 http://www.thethriftyhome.com





A Marvelous Mess


7 comments:

kcookt said...

Sofia, my daughter and I love to check out what you have made. Thank you for inspiring us. This quilt is so bright and fun. Did you use the "quilt-as-you-go" method on this one?

Tami

Christa said...

Yes, it's done in the QATG method. Thanks! :)

FrauWaldmeisterin said...

I love using vintage sheets too and also made an ZigZag Quilt.
Here is a Picture (german website):
http://morgenschoen.blogspot.com/2011/05/vorher-nacher-der-zig-zag-quilt.html
Ist shows the quilt before and after washing. I like the shrinking, it looks more vintage.

Robin Ange said...

I adore the vintage fabrics. So very shabby chic! Thanks again for linking up!

April@MySacredSojourn said...

That's just beautiful!! I too love vintage linens...the patterns are so yummy! :)

Sara said...

I have been wanting to make some quilts out of old sheet too! I just haven't taken the time. Love this! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. Those colors are totally summery and beautiful.

 
;