Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Church Father's Day Gifts 2012

If you remember from previous years, I like to do a little something extra to go with the gift cards that our church gives out for Father's Day. Since guys are notoriously difficult to buy for, let alone make things for, I am always on the lookout for cute ideas. If I find one six months before Father's Day, I make a note of it!

I found this adorable mini toolbox idea (made from an Altoid tin) at Alphamom. Since I didn't have any of those boat things (er, metal eye straps) she used for handles, I had to improvise. In case you haven't guessed, I don't know my way around hardware stores very well. :)

What I did have were sawtooth hangers (my husband's great idea), and they worked just fine. They're not quite as realistic, but everyone loved them anyway.

So, what's inside? A Lowe's gift card with a hammer image on it - what else?

Enjoy!

I'd love to hear what your church gave out for Father's Day. You know, I'm going to need an idea for next year ...

I'm linking to ...






A Marvelous Mess


2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love the little toolbox and the hanger works great as a handle!

Robin Ange said...

Adorable way to reuse an Altoids tin these look great!

 
;