Monday, June 27, 2011

Homemade Gift: Patchwork Quilt 8

I finished another quilt for my customer's wedding! This was a combination that I couldn't wait to try - pink and red, with the emphasis on red. I wasn't disappointed.

I don't have a lot of vintage sheets with red in them, but I supplemented with dark pinks and a non-vintage red gingham (I okayed it with the customer first).

I'm in love with this quilt, and I told my husband I'll probably be making another one like it sometime in the future.

I bound this one in white so it wouldn't distract from the strong colors of the quilt.

I'm linking to ... Upcycled Awesome,






A Marvelous Mess


5 comments:

Laura said...

This is lovely, Sophia! You have a real "eye" for placing squares!

God bless,
Laura

Karima said...

That quilt looks lovely.
New google follower via Skip to my lou link party, please pop by, karima x
www.karimascrafts.com

LauraJane:) said...

This is so cheerfully HAPPY!
I love the pop of BLUE in it too..

Unknown said...

Beautiful color arrangement! Very bright and happy quilt that is sure to be pleasing and well loved.

Unknown said...

You colors are always so delicate and pretty!! Lovely job.

 
;