Thursday, February 10, 2011

Homemade Gift: Apron from a Cafe Curtain



I was in Goodwill a few weeks ago and ran across two of these 100% cotton canvas coffee-themed cafe curtain panels. (Try saying that a few times fast!) There's a lady in our church who loves coffee and cooking, so I just couldn't pass it up. I had to buy them and make some aprons - one for her, and one for my stash.

These were super-easy. All I did was cut the "armholes" out of the rectangle of fabric, turn those raw edges under, and then add ties from a coordinating fabric I had on hand. It was so easy you could probably whip up one of these in about a half hour. I didn't time myself, so I can't be sure how long it took me.

I love looking at old things in new ways, can't you tell? :)

3 comments:

Julia said...

I love it!

Esther Asbury said...

Ever notice that it's all in the material you pick ....Cute Material = Cute __________ and this apron is EXTRA cute!!! Love it!

~Beth D. said...

perfect fabric! great job.

 
;