Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Homemade Gift: Another Flannel Rag Quilt Throw



I took the kids' rag quilt throws with us when we travelled for Christmas, and my mother-in-law (and several others) admired them to no end. She mentioned that she would love to have one, since she lives in an old mobile home that doesn't always hold its heat that well. She mentioned the color blue, and I immediately set to work hunting down blue flannels.



It didn't take very long to collect enough blue flannel sheets to make this, and I decided to try out a new block design (rag-quilt-style) I had been admiring. You can find the instructions for it here.



I really liked how this one turned out! I used a floral, stripe and gingham, and it was really pretty. She loved it (in fact, I took the pictures at her house since I didn't finish clipping it until we got there).

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

This is beautiful! I love the blues - and the pieces of fabric you made to use it!

CraftyViolet said...

Nice! I made a scrappy rag quilt for my grandson. They are fun to make.

 
;