Friday, August 20, 2010

Quick and Easy Kids' Sticker Books

I wanted to make each of my kids a sticker book to put their "good work" stickers in for the schoolyear. Otherwise, they don't get to enjoy the stickers because they're either filed away on work papers or thrown in the garbage. (Don't ever tell my kids, but all teachers have to throw away some paperwork!)

I don't know about your kids, but mine never take their stickers back out of their sticker books. So, as I was thinking about how best to make these little sticker books, I realized I could just use some of those 4x6" spiral-bound notebooks I got really cheap at the back-to-school sales. All I had to do was make a custom cover, just like I do for larger spiral-bound notebooks.

My daughter loves Hello Kitty, which is usually pink. But I had yellow scraps, so she's yellow on this notebook:



I used my new Sizzix Bigz die for this one, and I love it. I'll be getting lots of use out of this die!



Sorry about the quality of this picture, but it just didn't want to photograph well. I used some of my new Sizzix paper doll accessories to outfit this guy in a firefighter's outfit. (I let my son pick, and he wanted the firefighter.)

I think my kids are going to get a lot more mileage out of those cute "good work" stickers this year!

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Cute notebooks!

Unknown said...

Really adorable! I'm gone to borrow this idea for party favors

 
;