Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Look what I found yesterday!

I haven't been to our local thrift shops in a few weeks, so we took the day and went thrift shopping yesterday. I found this old slide projector with no power chord at Salvation Army for $1:



(Sorry about the awful picture, but I didn't realize my flash wasn't on, and I can't easily take another picture.)

Other than the fact that it's missing the power chord, I bet it would work if I found one. :) Since that probably won't happen, I'm sure you're wondering why I spent $1 for it.

Well, look at this:



And this:



It still doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? It's hard to explain it by pictures alone.

The fact is that it has both the necessary lenses (concave and convex) for a homemade projector, and they're even set into metal for me already. All I have to do (hah!) is take it apart, mount it to a wooden beam, and add a light source.

I'm still looking into sources for a regular projector, but I'm going to see if I can make one of those DIY ones. I like a good challenge! :)

1 comments:

DeeAnn said...

Oh, that is so perfect. I can see exactly what you are planning. I can't wait to see the final result.

I am glad you were able to get a projector. If your plan works it will be even more special every time you use it.

 
;