Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cheap kids' gift

My niece is having her tonsils removed today, and I sent her a care package to keep her occupied while she has to be still and quiet. One of those items were little 6-piece puzzles made with my new Sizzix puzzle die (#2).

I started by cutting out four magazine pictures of animals (1 cat, 3 dogs). These were all from ads and measure around 3x4.5" or so. She loves puppies, so I got as many dogs as I could and rounded it out with Morris (the cat) in a chef's hat. :) I had already cut that one, which is why he's not in the picture.



Then I cut four of the same size cardboard rectangles (from recycled cereal boxes), ran them through my 5" Xyron adhesive machine, and stuck the pictures to them. I centered them on the Sizzix die and ran them through my Cuttlebug machine.



See? It's easy and really cute! I put them into tiny little plastic bags so they don't get mixed together. Since there are only six puzzle pieces, even my 3-year-old niece should be able to figure them out with a little help.

These would be really cute inside a kid's get-well card, too, since they don't take up much space.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a cute idea -- wondered how you would use that puzzle die.

 
;