Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Guest Designing: Digital Two for Tuesday

Today I'm guest designing for the Digital Two for Tuesday blog. Cora gives away two free digital images every week, and I've enjoyed them tremendously! So when she put out a call for guest designers, I figured I'd volunteer.

I had a little bit of a time thinking of what to do with these images since we don't celebrate Christmas with Santa Claus, but I think I came up with some things that represent the traditional Santa Claus image.

First of all, here is a card:
I used my BIC markers to color him: Peach Parfait for the face and Rambuctious Red for the hat. Then I added iridescent glitter to accent the fur on his hat and help it stand out from his white hair and beard.

I used my Large Scallop Circle Nestabilities to accent the image and popped it up on dimensionals.

For the belt, I used a strip of black paper and then used two square punches (1/4" increment) on silver metallic paper to make it look like a belt buckle.

Then I used my Labels 8 Nestabilities to make a package topper with the second image:

I chose to use Faux Flower Soft to accent this guy's fur. Again, I used my BIC markers to color him: Peach Parfait for the face and Rambunctious Red for the hat. I cut him out and glued him to the package topper, then added little red dots to the plain green background paper.

Here's a picture of it attached to the baggie:

For some reason, I don't have any Christmas-colored candies sitting around here, so just use your imagination and picture it with candy inside! :)
I hope you've enjoyed the projects!

5 comments:

Helen Dooley said...

great items. I agreed with the santa thing until it was put differently to me, so I can appreciate how hard this had to be. But you did a great job. I love the card. really great job.

Cora said...

Sophia, I forgot to post the images. I just noticed and am away on business. Can you email them to me before 2? If not can you post them here? Thanks.
Cora

Esther Asbury said...

Great job, Christa! Really like the red card with the belt buckle -- neat idea!

Christa said...

Oh boy, Cora! I'm away from my computer, too, and I have them downloaded to my computer at home. Sorry!

Cora said...

Well they are up now. Better late than never.

 
;