Friday, August 7, 2009

Sympathy card

Okay, I confess. I bought two stamp sets this week. But I stayed within my budget! :) This second one is also a clear Inkadinkado stamp set. The images are absolutely beautiful and perfect for our parsonage family.

This is the first card I've made with the stamps, and I can already see that I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of them! This Bible and flower image can be used for almost any occasion - sympathy, birthday, thinking of you, anniversary ... you get the idea.

So let me share the card with you:



I was inspired by the layout of this card on Splitcoaststampers.

Supplies: stamps (Spiritual Sketches by Inkadinkado, Studio G sentiment and rose image); paper (Provo Craft, American Crafts); ink (BIC Mark-Its, Krylon gold leafing pen, Versamark); dimensionals; EK Success fleur de lis border punch; scallop scissors.

Just a few things to bring to your attention:
  • Check out the real gold leafing on the pages of the Bible! I bought the Krylon gold leafing pen for $0.99 at Ollie's a few months ago, and it was perfect for this. It really gives it that authentic look, since almost all Bibles have the gold leafing on the pages.
  • You might not notice it, but I used my Versamark pad to stamp two coordinating rose images in the top right and lefthand corners.


I made eight of these to have on hand, since I seem to run out of sympathy cards the fastest around here.

2 comments:

Val said...

This is great. Thanks for sharing.

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful work....love the details in these stamps.

 
;