Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Make your own buttons for cards!

I recently got a huge stash of buttons from my ever-generous friend, so I don't need any solid-color buttons right now. But I'll admit that I've had my eye on some gingham buttons for my cards. They're so cute, but they're pricey, too!

Well, some ingenious lady over at Splitcoaststampers has a tutorial on her blog for how to make your own with decorative paper. You can check out her tutorial here. I think it's in German, but the pictures are pretty self-explanatory.

You punch out 4-5 shapes in your chosen paper. (You can use a decorative paper for the top layer and plain cardstock for the bottom layers, if you like.) Then you glue them together, with your chosen design on top. Make the button "holes" with a Cropadile or tiny circle punch, "sand" the edges with a pair of scissors, and add Crystal Effects (or other similar product) to the top. Let it dry, and you have a cute decorative button!

I just love blogs and how sharing people are, don't you? Blogs have saved me tons of money!

2 comments:

DeeAnn said...

I found your blog when I was looking up Cuttlebug tricks. I am a frugal girl. I read every one of your posts. Your blog is one of my favorite's. I love your posts about punches and the wonderful things you have done with your Cuttlebug. I love all your shopping tips. Yes, you are right. I love blogs that share and help us save money. Yours is right at my top list. Big Thank you! You are really inspirational. I don't have a blog yet. My DH and some of my online friends keep trying to talk me into it. I am writing a book so I don't want to get overwhelmed. I post over at SCS.

Christa said...

Thanks for that encouraging comment! It's always nice to know you've helped someone else! :)

 
;