Monday, August 17, 2009

Window Cards

No, this probably isn't the kind of card you thought of when you saw the title, but I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile now.

I used the free curtain clip art (aka digital stamp) from Leaves of Time. You can find it here at the bottom of the page. The beauty of digital stamps is that you can reverse and resize them if you need to. And that's exactly what I did. I measured the length of the picture I wanted to frame, then resized the curtain accordingly. Since it wouldn't reach the whole way across the picture, I reversed it and printed a second one so I could overlap them as much as I needed.



These images came from one of those page-a-day calendars that I got on clearance earlier this year.



To make the windowsill, I just cut a 3/4" piece of cardstock to fit the window frame, then used my Creative Memories fancy corner rounder at two edges.



A tiny trick to these cards is finding the right kind of background paper. It has to look something like wallpaper, so the design can't be too big.



I really like how these turned out, and they were quite easy!



I almost forgot to tell you how I made the "window panes". I just cut 1/8" strips of cardstock and then glued them onto the main image.

So ... any ideas for sentiments on the inside of these cards? :)

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I see you finally got your window cards made (you've been wanting to do this for some time - right?). Pretty nifty!

 
;