Saturday, August 29, 2009

50th Anniversary Card

A couple from our church is celebrating their 50th anniversary today, and my husband asked me to make a special card for them. I knew I wanted to use gold metallic paper and my Sizzix Heart Locket die, but other than that, I had no idea.

I think I cut 4-5 different heart combinations before I finally hit on this idea, and I really like it.



The decorative paper is actually a notecard I picked up at a thrift store. The notecards are rather small, so this is the perfect use for that gorgeous paper. (This card is a full sheet of paper folded in half.)

I added Stickles to the inside of the heart locket, and I really liked the effect!

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful card! I assume it's for the same people mine was for a few days back? Yours looks much more 50th (with the gold and all) than mine does, but I wanted to use that cake so bad!

Christa said...

Yes, it's the same couple! :)

 
;