Thursday, August 6, 2009

A quick note ...

Sorry I've been "absent" from the blog most of the week. You might see me here a little less for awhile, simply because I'm quite busy with company for the month. We just had overnight missionary guests, and now I'm getting my menu around for VBS next week. The next week we'll have my husband's sister's family visiting, and the next week my parents and grandmother will be visiting (for my birthday!).

And then, we'll be starting homeschooling (1st grade this year!), which usually requires my undivided attention for a few weeks until we get into a groove.

So, you see, my calendar is quite busy. I'm not complaining, but I thought I should explain why my once-daily blog might be a bit more infrequent for awhile. :)

I've also turned the comments onto "moderated" since I've had some annoying spam comments here and there. I catch most of them, but sometimes they pop up in unexpected places, and I don't catch them for several days. Lest anyone think I sponsor the sites they link to, I've just decided to make it easier on myself. (Not that the sites are obscene. It's just that my blog isn't about free advertising for a company I have no experience with.) So don't panic if your comment isn't posted right away!

Thanks for understanding!

4 comments:

Kristen Bieber said...

Do you use a spelling program? I also have a first grader that I homeschool and I am trying to find a spelling program that is good.

Christa said...

I'm using the entire Abeka program for 1st grade, which includes spelling. Since we didn't have spelling in kindergarten (at least not as a class), I can't say yet how much I like it (or not). But since I've loved everything Abeka up to this point, I'm expecting to love the spelling program, too! :)

My sister used Sing, Spell, Read & Write at one point, and she couldn't believe the difference it made when she switched over to Abeka.

I don't know if that helps or not - sorry!

Kristen Bieber said...

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question! I know you are busy. It is so helpful to me to see what you are doing and your ideas as I am a home school mom too, and I think our children are about the same ages.

Christa said...

I'm happy to help whenever I can!

 
;