Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More cards with circular embossing

Just to show you how much I love that circular embossing technique, here are some more cards I made with the remainder of my "samples". The main difference: I cut these into circles instead of squares.



I used my scallop scissors to make the edging on the circle. Of course, I chalked the embossed portions to make them stand out. Notice how I embossed the same design on the corner of the card? I liked that effect! The adhesive rhinestones are from Dollar Tree. I cut the photo corners using my Vintage Cuttlebug die and a soda can. The image is cut from Martha Stewart Living. I love that issue, and I just got another one in a box from the thrift store! :)



Same basic idea here, except that I made the heart corners with "leftovers" from my Heart & Locket Sizzix Bigz die. I put two of them together to make these hearts.



This is the same idea, only I used two different colors of chalk to accent the embossing. I really liked the effect, especially with this embossing folder. There are rhinestones on the centers of the embossed flowers (on the circle).



And the last one for now.

These cards are 6x6", so I'll probably hand-deliver them. They were a lot of fun to make!

I've been making more cards and coloring more images, so I'll have more to share tomorrow, too.

What am I doing with all these cards? Well, for one thing, I'm getting way ahead. :) But I'm also making a gift for each of my two Secret Sisters. I'm giving them a filled card organizer. I'm including a nice selection of birthday cards (men, ladies, kids), thinking of you cards, sympathy cards, and get well soon cards. I think they'll like it, and it won't cost me anything since I'm using supplies I already have sitting around.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Wow --now those are BEAUTIFUL (all caps!). If I ever get back in the "card loop" I'll have to try that embossing technique!

 
;