Friday, June 5, 2009

And even more cards - online coloring images

I got the links to these coloring pages from a post on Splitcoaststampers. They are just children's online coloring pages scaled down to card size. If you look, you can see the url in the righthand corner of a few of the Sarah Kay images. They were free, so you can't beat the price! It's the same idea as the "new" concept of digital stamps.

I had downloaded, printed, and colored them when I first started using my BIC Mark-Its a few months back. I was enjoying the coloring part at the time, so I just set them aside for later. Well, later has finally come! Here are the cards I made with them ...



I think this image is Calilou. I have no idea who he is, but from the looks of it he's a syndicated character. I just thought he was a cute-looking boy image. Since he was batting, I thought of doing a "You Did a Great Job" card. I have a nephew that can use as many of these cards as I could possibly send!

The "home run" charm is one I've had for years now. I think I got it at Big Lots for $1 for the pack of 8 or so baseball-themed charms, but don't quote me on that. The sentiment is from a graduation-themed Studio G $1 set, and the patterned paper is from Foo Fa La (an Ollie's $2.99 paper pad special).



Here's another boy card, in the same type of theme (i.e. baseball). I'm leaning toward a birthday card for this one, but I made it general enough that it could be just about anything.

I used another Calilou coloring image, another charm from my baseball-themed pack, more of the Foo Fa La paper, and another Studio G $1 pack sentiment. The baseball charm was the perfect size to "stand in" for the "o" in boy.



Now let's move on to some Sarah Kay images. Some stores actually sell these very same images as stamps, so it's doubly nice that I can use the free coloring pages. :)

This card is pretty self-explanatory, so I'll just hit the highlights. I custom-colored the dots on the patterned paper so it would match the girl's dress better (the dots had been white). I also used my scallop scissors to make the scallop edging around the circle, since I have no scallop circle punches or Nesties.



This uses my EK Success fleur de lis border punch, as well as a flower "medallion" I made from paper flowers, Dollar Tree charms, and $1 bin ribbon.



I really like this one. I couldn't let my little girl see it or she'd demand it for herself. Maybe I'll save it for her birthday. :)



And I just loved this one! I love girly pinks, and I made this as frilly and feminine as I could. I made double-sided paper lace with the EK Success fleur de lis border punch and a flower accent with paper flowers, a pink "bow" button, and a Dollar Tree charm.

I've been having fun! :)

4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Especially love those flower embellishments!

Christa said...

Thanks! I made a bunch of those at once, too (late last week). Then I set them on a ledge where I could see them until I got inspiration on how best to feature them.

It seems I'm in "use it up" mode right now, which is very good. I actually got started doing this when I began cleaning out the craft room. :)

I'm trying not to view it as a distraction from my original purpose, since I am getting a lot of the clutter off my workspace simply by using it!

Sarah said...

I love visiting your blog for ideas :) I've been slacking in my card making. I'm trying to search for those minimized Sarah Kay images but am not having any success either on the net or on SCS.

Thank you,
Sarah
www.homeschoolblogger.com/OhioSarah
http://quivermom.blogspot.com

Christa said...

Sorry about that! I thought for sure I had left a link to them. You can find them here:

http://coloringpages.nick-magic.com/sarahkay.html

I hope that helps! :)

 
;