Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"Small" blessings

Tonight at church a lady gave me these tea towels and dishcloths.



She ordered them through the mail and they ended up not matching her kitchen. As you can see, they match my kitchen perfectly. She knew that, so she gave them to me!

Here's the wonderful thing about it all ... Just today I was looking at my worn-out dishcloths and tea towels and thought, "I really need to get new ones." If you'd see the dishcloths, I'm sure you'd agree. I tend to use them until they're in tatters.

I would probably have bought a "value pack" at Wal-Mart which wouldn't come close to including 9 dishcloths and 9 tea towels like this set. And I would have paid anywhere from $5-15 for all of this.

Small blessings? No, not really. All blessings are big blessings when you realize just how much God cares about the little details of our lives. If He cares enough to provide dishcloths before I even asked, certainly I can trust Him to provide in the big issues of life!

Now I'll be reminded of God's provisions every time I do the dishes!

3 comments:

Momala said...

Isn't God good? It is wonderful to see how He provides for us, even in the everyday things.

Mindy

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

I love it when God surprises us like that! I can't tell you how many times we've wished for something, and eventually were blessed with it...often in VERY unexpected ways. God is so good.

Anonymous said...

How pretty! Yes, God is good and knows just what we need and when we need it.

 
;