Monday, June 16, 2008

When you see a rainbow, what do you see?

I see a promise God gave to you and me.
In the rainbow's colors it seems I hear God say,
"I keep My promises, so trust Me every day!"

Have you ever learned that children's chorus? My husband taught it to me after we were married, and he sings it every time we see a rainbow. Here's what we saw tonight (please pardon the terrible job of stitching):

You can't see it in the picture, but there was a double rainbow stretching out right over our church next door. It was beautiful and exactly what my husband needed to see today!

And here's just another reminder of the many ways God looks out for us ...

As soon as we heard the wind and rain start, the lights started to flicker. I settled down at the kitchen table with a Sudoku puzzle. For some reason (I'm sure it was God), I happened to glance out the window. I did a double take at what I saw. Our church bus was "driving" itself across the parking lot - with no driver!! It was either headed for the pond or the road, and neither one would have been good!

I yelled for my husband who was shutting off the computer. He must have thought I was crazy.

"Honey, the bus! The bus is moving!"

He came running downstairs and dashed out into the rain to catch it before it got too far. The only thing we can figure is that the emergency brake must have either (1) not been set; or (2) gotten knocked loose by the wind. (Yes, the wind was strong enough to make that a possibility!)

So here's where the church bus ended up:

It's usually parked right beside the light post closest to you as you're looking at the picture.

Whew! That was a close one!

0 comments:

 
;