Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A kitchen tip for today ...

I've been reading through an old favorite book by Emilie Barnes the last few days, and I came across a tip I don't ever remember reading before.

She suggests alternating your drinking glasses (one upright, the next upside down) in the cupboard, if they are tapered.

I just got a new set of drinking glasses a month or so ago, and they are tapered. I had quite the challenge to fit them (16, I think) into the space I had allotted my dwindling collection of the previous glassware. I have always stored my glassware upside-down.

I had a moment to spare today, and I rearranged my new glasses according to her tip, just to see how much difference it made. I was surprised at how much room it gave me. I could fit another row of glasses in there now.

Are you having trouble fitting everything in your cupboards? Give it a try and let me know how it works for you!

(I updated to include my picture.)

0 comments:

 
;