Friday, June 6, 2008

A graduation cake

I made a graduation cake for a friend's son tonight. Here it is: I used the frozen buttercream transfer technique that you can find a detailed tutorial for at this website. Look under "Articles" and "How to Create a Frozen Buttercream Transfer". I'd link directly to the article, but their website is experiencing difficulties at the moment.

This technique is really easy but really impressive. I used clip art from Microsoft as the basis of the design.

I need to smooth out the top of the transfer yet, in case you noticed. I needed to let it thaw a bit before I did that, but I didn't want to wait to take the picture.

Please pardon the writing on the cake. I am awful at writing on cakes. (And to be honest, I haven't produced any cakes that "wow" me lately, either. I hope I'm not losing my touch.)

0 comments:

 
;