Monday, July 2, 2012

Knitting: More Socks for Me

I made another pair of socks for myself, and this time I didn't have to follow a pattern. I'm pretty pleased with myself because they actually fit.

I decided to make these with the same heel as my last pair (it's quite different), and they ended up being a bit lower than I usually wear them, too. I'll have to keep trying to find an ankle sock that fits exactly the way I like them, but I really like these and will definitely use them.

I used another ball of yarn I picked up at a thrift store. It's called TOFUtsies by Southwest Trading Company. It's also a superwash wool (50%), but it has some soy protein fiber and cotton in it, too. I only paid $1.25 for a ball that will make me two pairs of ankle socks. Yeah!

I already have my next ankle sock pattern picked out, so I'll keep you posted when I find the perfect one.

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I really like the colors you used on this and the stripes! Nice work!

Christa said...

This is a self-striping yarn, so I can't take any credit for the stripes ... but I do like the colors together.

Toqua's Crafts said...

I am working on a pair of crochet socks for myself. I have one and a toe done. LOL I keep getting off onto other projects. My friends keep asking me if I'll have them done by winter. LOL That's my goal! :) Thank you for sharing!

 
;