Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Knitting: More Dishcloths

Did I mention that I had a bunch of cotton yarn on hand? Well, here are some of the dishcloths I've knitted since my last post. Most of these are going into my gift stash, probably for Christmas since they're green.


Box Stitch Dishcloth (one of three patterns at this link)



As you can see, I made a goof on this one, but I didn't notice it until it was finished. Oh well, it will still clean dishes just as well!


This was my introduction to entrelac, and now I'm hooked! I don't think I picked up some of my stitches the right way, but it's not all that noticeable. After I had done several entrelac projects, I realized you pick up the stitches differently on a knit row than on a purl row. That should have been obvious, but it never occurred to me.


This one is so pretty! Here's a closer look at the stitch pattern:


That's it for now. I'm sure I'll have many more to share in the coming months, though.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Wow that entrelac design sure looks neat! I'm sure you'll have some happy gift recipients come Christmas!

 
;