Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Knitting: More Socks for Lesotho

I've already sent a big box of these socks to the charity coordinator who sent them to South Africa, but I thought I'd share a bunch of pictures of them all at once.

These first two are from the Waffle Socks 32 pattern (free and easy). They were made with an angora/lambswool/nylon blend yarn from an unraveled sweater.


Then there are the Kid Socks 32 (free and even easier yet) in a few variations. First up is the ribbed version, which is especially nice because it will fit nearly any size leg:


I made this one with a formerly yellow wool/angora/nylon unraveled sweater that I dyed (after knitting) with Cherry Kool-Aid.

Then we have the plain stockinette versions. It really doesn't get any easier than this when it comes to socks ...



I absolutely love these first two, since I dyed this yarn in the skein and got a variegated effect. I referred to it as "Dreamsicle". Believe it or not, it started out as the same yellow wool/angora/nylon yarn as the ribbed version!

To use up the last little bit of that gorgeous yarn, I used it for the ribbing, heels, and toes of these socks (and a few more to come).

Then I used another pattern, Child's Two-Color Socks (free and easy because it tells you when to change colors if you're doing it for the first time):


See? More Dreamsicle heels and toes!




And this last one goes to show that you can change a pattern if you want to. I made this one all in one color, despite the name of the pattern, and no knitting police showed up to fine me. :) I made it with the same red angora/lambswool/nylon blend yarn as the Waffle Socks.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I like the two toned ones best....they remind me of sock monkeys which is a happy thought!

 
;