Friday, July 20, 2012

Crocheting: More Dishcloths

Since I showed you the knitted dishcloths last time, I thought I'd catch up on the crocheted dishcloths I've made this time.


I made a matching set of my favorite Simple Stripes Dishcloth. I used Peaches & Creme Gold and Sun Flower colorways for this set. I discovered that if I simply eliminate one or two rows from each dishcloth, I will have enough for a set of two on future dishcloths, using just one ball of the solid yarn.


I made another one with Natural and Fiesta colorways, as well as a matching Scrubbie Dot:


These will make a great matching set.


This one is called Daydreaming Dishcloth (free pattern). I tried the reverse single crochet border, but mine looked awful. Instead, I switched to regular single crochet and did two rows, working three single crochet in each corner stitch.


This is an alternative to a sponge, aptly named Double-Thick Sponges (free pattern). While it's not as thick as a sponge, it looks like it has potential for sponge-lovers. You can't beat it for the time involved, either. I added a border and still finished in less than 30 minutes.


This is another pretty stitch pattern that's quick to finish. I would add an extra row next time, though, since mine turned out more like a rectangle than a square. I would also add a few extra sc at each corner, since it seemed to go in at the corners instead of staying squarish. Here's a bigger picture so you can see what I'm talking about:


Last but not least ...


I really like this scrubbie! It could be used for dishes or in the shower (just not the same scrubbie). :) I made this from a recycled linen/cotton sweater, and I love the feel of the yarn!

0 comments:

 
;