Monday, July 23, 2012

Knitting: A Very Special Washcloth


This is probably my favorite dishcloth/washcloth to date. Isn't it incredible? It wasn't nearly as hard as it looks, either.

When I first saw it, I would have guessed that it was worked from the inside out, but it's not. You start at the outside edge and work your way in. 

For the first ten pattern rows, I had this nagging feeling that something was "off", but apparently it wasn't because it turned out exactly like it was supposed to.

This is a good deal bigger than the rest of the cloths I've made, but it's going to be part of a gift for my sister-in-law who decorated her bathroom in a beach theme. I don't think she reads my blog, so I should be safe to post this.

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Christa, I LOVE this pretty dishcloth! It turned out so nice --- and what a great theme too --- I can almost hear the waves crashing on the shore!

Unknown said...

That is really cool! I like it a lot!

DeeAnn said...

Beautiful! Your SIL is truly blessed to receive such a beauty.

 
;